Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 3: Want some plywood?.. Heck yeah!!

Waking up this morning, surprisingly, wasn't too terrible again. Before leaving for the work site this morning we had one extra job to do: clean up from breakfast. After an hour's worth of cleaning all of us agreed that the permenant kitchen volunteers should be getting more credit than they recieve. Much thanks to every one of them! Luckily, today the weather was nice and cool. A good 88 degrees, and a cool breeze! Obviously that didnt last very long and the blazing sun reappeared. Mainly the work today consisted of putting up the initial outer walling and putting up the tresses on the roof and then the plywood. Oh! and tons upon tons of nailing which was later on inspected by professional inspectors! We are happy to say that both the "Donneloydens" and the "McGowers" passed our inspections (: Not only did we accomplish a lot of work, but we also continued to shock each other with our motivation, dedication, and hard work! (Core 25: Coorrelatives) All of us are grateful for the ice pop breaks granted to us by Habitat as well. To all of us, lunch never tasted so good (or ended so quickly), but we aren't complaining because captain Donnelly says so. Its rule number 1! After lunch we all headed back to work until 5:00. According to the captain (Mrs. Donnelly) we were to shower quickly when we came back to Lagniappe so that after dinner we could go get some glorious tasting snowballs! ( BTW: tonight's dinner was delicious! We had some chicken fingers, mac n' cheese, and salad).We all agree that it beat out last night's dinner by far!)Following our treat we are supposed to be heading down to the beach for a while, which will be refreashing for us all eveb though we can't swim because of some oil. We will tell you about our upcoming adventures when we return from the beach! Off to the beach ya'll!
(TO BE CONTINUED LATER TONIGHT...)

8 comments:

  1. Mags,
    Sounds like you had another successful workday. Patrick's thrilled. You are acquiring so many useful skills, he may get a break around the house now. He can join Bopper, Char and Kev on the couch and watch you work!! Keep up the good work. Have fun. Keep smiling. God Bless.
    I love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaite,
    Wow what great work you are all doing! Soo much progress in so little time. Can't wait till you come home so i can hear all about it :) Have fun be safe and i am looking forward to reading all about the trip!! Keep up the great work you are all doing such a great job and for such a great cause!!! love you !
    xoxo
    dani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie,

    I am so proud of you and your classmates for donating your time and energy. God Bless you and your classmates. Have fun and be safe. I love you very much. See you in September.

    Love,
    Uncle Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kev! Sounds like you’re having a lot of fun from what mom told me! I really miss you here, although it is nice being the only child for the week! I can't wait to see the nice farmer’s man tan you’re going to come home with. Oh and today mom made me vacuum your room... you owe me, maybe a nice trip to Manning's when you come home! Well I hope you keep having fun and working hard! I will sure be thinking about you out in the hot working, while I'm sitting on the beach the next couple days! Miss you!
    Love Becca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gen and everyone! Great job! I can't believe you are actually "building" a house. I guess I thought it would be more like "watching" the experts. You are obviously becoming the experts!That's absolutely amazing. I can't wait to see the finished product. Good luck! We miss you! God Bless you. Gen, the baby was looking for you today. Be safe. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kev, hey bud, hope everything is going well. From your call last night and the photos that were posted yesterday, it looks like the house is going up very quick. I am sure the family will be very pleased with all the hard work and enthusiasm "y'all" into their home. Keep up the good work, we are extremely proud of what you and the rest of the prep family are doing. From the post on the blog it sounds like your having a blast. Love and miss you, Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Genny, I hope you come home soon. I miss you very very much. The house looks great what you're building! We saw you on the computer. I love you. Love, Maddy P.S. DO you want to go to the movies with me when you come home? I do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Babe!(Bri) I could tell that it was you writing to us today before i even read your name! The houses look great so far and I like the pictures too. I just tried to print one of you and wound up printing the whole ten pages of the blog so far...Oh well! Everybody looks like they're having a great time. Keep working hard and remember that I miss you! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete